Monday, March 26, 2012

I am blessed...

My wife and I were fortunate enough to have the opportunity to spend last week in Barbados. I'll be writing more about the culture of happiness in that country in a blog soon. The day we were leaving we got in the elevator to head to our final lunch on the island, really not wanting at all to have to get on a plane and fly out soon. A staff member was on the elevator and as a greeting I said "How are you"... her answer was: "I am blessed"...

Wow. It hit both of us like a ton of bricks because we were feeling the same thing, what a great life we have, what an awesome opportunity we had to be in Barbados, how blessed we are. Instead of just answering that question with standard "fine", or "doing good"... I am blessed. Aren't we all?

I think it's a great new answer to the age old question "How are you?". Reaffirms to the Universe that you truly are looking at life from an attitude of gratitude for all that you have :)

How are YOU?...

No comments:

Post a Comment